We appreciate your business and ongoing support in these fast-changing and unprecedented times! As leader and owner of a business that survived the Spanish flu of 1918 and periods of emergency since, we know there is embedded resiliency in humankind and have faith in our ability to continue to serve you. BURNCO’s values require us to help you and your employees remain safe, while living the Burns’ family motto of “Ever Ready.”
As have you, we have been closely monitoring the news sources relating to the spread of the COVID-19 virus along with the regulatory responses of all levels of Government. We can assure you the safety and well-being of our teams and our clients are paramount and remain our key priority. We have and continue to take steps to minimize exposure and spread of the now widely communicated risks and are nimbly developing business continuity plans to ensure continuing operations, within the bounds of changing regulation. With this in mind I’d like to share some important updates in our operational stance with you:
• BURNCO personnel: So far we are healthy and do not currently have any confirmed cases of COVID-19 within our employee ranks. However, out of an abundance of caution we have cancelled all non-essential travel and have taken many steps to limit potential exposures including a requirement for social distancing and mandatory hygiene protocols.
• Operations – Products and Services: To date, there has been no impact to our operational capability and the construction materials products and services BURNCO supplies, but we anticipate needing to be creative to stay within the bounds of changing regulation and appropriate behavior. I encourage your team to stay in contact with ours by phone or thru digital means as we normally would while we endeavor to operate within the bounds of safety and regulatory regimes mandated in each jurisdiction. Our intent is to continue to supply you with the high-quality products and services you have come to expect from BURNCO without interruption.
• Remote working capabilities: We have enacted robust systems and processes enabling many of our people to work remotely, while retaining responsiveness. We have limited access as well as physical attendance of our personnel at our offices and now have many of our Sales, Management, and Administrative staff working from remote locations or at home, while still being connected and available to you.
• Our respective offices/worksites: While limiting attendance at our offices, we also are intending to create social distance by not physically attending at yours, avoiding social settings, and following your related site protocols; yet remain accessible by telephone or through virtual meetings.
• Monitoring the situation: Our Leadership team is meeting daily or more frequently to closely monitor the situation locally, regionally and globally. Efforts include daily meetings, review, and communication of the guidance issued by our Governments and trusted sources including local health officials. Should there be material changes in our ability to work with you and your team, we will endeavor to reach out to you and request your reciprocation as we surmount this pandemic together.
We wish to support you in your need to keep your business running smoothly as you adjust to these changing circumstances. Please communicate with us how we may best do so and, while focusing on the matters immediately at hand, look forward to your fast growth in the coming months! Please let us know if there is any way we can help and I’ll ask our representatives to reach out to you ensuring we are anticipating and meeting your needs.